As soon as the American bases pulled out from Clark, Pampanga back in the 90’s, this buzzing town of foreigners and locals were mostly replaced by sounds of crickets at night. Much of the PX stores closed down, the casino closed down, many establishments ceased operation as the American soldiers bade goodbye.
It seems like a sad story (or not, depending on your political view) but I was fonrtunate enough to discover a gem within this semi-deserted town. In a trip with my colleagues when I used to teach in school, we had our annual retreat and vacation at this place: Clearwater Resort. I know, it’s not a beach, it’s not fancy hotel in the city- it’s a place close to nature where I could actually write a book or paint a portrait.
Imitating a lakeshore vacation spot somewhere in the US, Clearwater Resort is like a summer camp place with log cabins, dirt paths, and giant trees. When I went there, I thought it was a perfect place to reflect and take a step back in life. I was so inspired by my surroundings that I just immersed myself in taking photographs of the place and my colleagues enjoying it. And that time, we just had it all by ourselves.
This beautiful respite offers some peace of mind and some great activities as well. You can do enjoy all of the following: fishing, kayaking, boating, swimming by the lakeside, playing beach volleyball, biking, playing basketball, swinging under a tree, exploring the dirt paths, and sleeping in their comfortable beds.
- Clearwater Resort is just an hour or two from Quezon City via NLEX.
- Pleace is perfect for office retreats and team-building activities.
- Food is not offered in the place. You can bring food, take-out from nearby restos in Clark, or have it delivered.
- Activities mentioned above have separate charges and fees (like boat rental, rental of fishing equipment, etc…)
- Bring a torchlight. It can get quite dark at night.